What are you searching for?
Application area: Allmän industri
Color: White, opaque
Coloring options: Extensive
Common uses: Gears, screws, bearings, propellers, tool shafts, door handles, machine covers, rifle butts, blocks, hoists, cable insulation, etc.
- Good combination of mechanical and chemical properties fatigue and creep resistance abrasion resistance – used for example for bearings and gears.
- Can be used at relatively high temperatures continuously
(especially heat stabilized quality).
- Polyamide 6 can be monomer cast. The method is suitable for large voltage-free details in short series.
- Unfilled PAs are food approved.
- All polyamides absorb or emit moisture (different for different types).
- The moisture acts as a plasticizer and lowers the tensile strength, creep resistance and rigidity while increasing the impact strength and component dimensions.
- The electrical properties are strongly influenced by the moisture content.
- The length extension varies with temperature and moisture content.
- The polyamides are attacked by strong mineral acids and acetic acid; they are dissolved by phenols. Some types are attacked by formic acid.
Nylatron® MC901 Modified cast quality has been made tougher and with better fatigue resistance compared to its unmodified shape.