What are you searching for?
Application area: General industry
Coloring options: Extensive
Common uses: Structural applications, clamps, bearings, gears, screws, tool shafts and rolls.
The benefits of Polyamide 4.6 plastic
- High-temperature resistance than other PA materials.
- Excellent mechanical properties.
- Chemical resistance.
- Excellent fatigue properties and low creep.
- High water absorption
Limitations of Polyamide 4.6 plastic
- PA 4.6’s moisture absorption is higher than those of standard polyamides 6 and 6.6 due to the more polar backbone.
- The material is more sensitive to stress cracking due to the higher crystallinity.
Polyamide 4.6 plastic – Specific properties
Polyamide 4.6, frequently referred to as PA 4,6, is a semi-crystalline aliphatic polyamide with a very high melting point and crystallinity (70%).
A polyamide for use at elevated temperature (+ 145ºC continuously in air).