What are you searching for?
Application area: General industry
Color: White, colorless
Coloring options: Unlimited
Common uses: Household items, bottles, pipes, buckets, fuel tanks, cable insulation, etc.
- Very good impact resistance over a wide temperature range.
- Good electrical properties.
- Low water absorption.
- Resistant to most chemicals.
- Can be used in contact with food.
- Available in several variants with varying melt index and molecular weight from very weak to semi-rigid materials.
- Stiffened with filler or fiberglass.
- Expands to foam.
- Occurs as a construction plastic with simultaneous cellular and fiberglass structure.
- Low Price.
- Very high coefficient of longitudinal expansion.
- Low resistance to creep under load.
- Poor fatigue strength than polypropylene.
- Burns fiercely.
- Attacked by oxidizing acids.
- High shape shrinkage.
- Hard and glue.
- Sensitive to stress corrosion.
- Poor weather resistance (if not black).
- Difficult to provide text without prior surface treatment.
- Low scratch resistance.
- Mechanical properties, strongly temperature dependent.