What are you searching for?
Application area: General industry
Coloring options: Limited
Common uses: Beverage bottles, food containers, clothing fibers, gears, bobbins, hoods, bearings, etc.
PET plastic properties
Polyethylene terephthalate plastic has many uses since it possesses a unique set of properties that make it a preferred choice for various applications. Some of those properties are
- lightweight yet strong
- excellent clarity and gloss
- low water absorption
- low friction
- chemical and solvent resistance
- resistant to sun and UV radiation
- recyclable and sustainable
- food approved.
The limitations of PET plastic
- Low impact resistance in criminal instructions.
- Charged electrostatically, which means that dust and grease particles stick more easily to the material.
- Tendency to skew (worse than PA, but better than PP).
- Hydrolyte sensitive.
- Large shape shrinkage if not fiberglass-filled.