What are you searching for?
Application area: General industry
Shortening: PMMA XT (extruded)
Color: Clear, colorless
Common uses: Indoor and outdoor signs, luminaire covers, protective glass, window glass, taillights, etc.
- Scratch-resistant than Lexan and Makrolon.
- High surface gloss and hardness.
- Very good durability outdoors.
- Not affected by alkaline solutions, dilute acids or oils.
- Excellent optical properties.
- Good electrical properties.
- The most common plastic for metallization.
- Can be monomer cast for stress-free semi-finished products and finished articles.
- It is possible to fix small scratches by heating the surface.
- The weather resistance is extremely good.
- Attacked by strong acids, alcohols, acetone and hydrogen chloride.
- Not impact resistant.
- Cracks easily.