What are you searching for?
Application area: General industry
Polystyrene (Rexolite 1422)
Color: Transparent, colorless
Common uses: Components in electrical equipment for UHF and VHF and as an insulator for microwaves.
- Constant permittivity up to 500 Ghz.
- High electrical insulation capacity.
- High resistance to ionizing radiation.
- High dimensional stability.
- Operating temperature from -60ºC to + 100ºC.
- Very low degassing.
- Low water absorption.
- Transmission in the visible range comparable to PMMA.
- Very low loss angle tangent-delta.
- Sensitive to exposure to cold and sunlight.
- Limited impact resistance, mechanically weak, crack prone.
- Low solvent resistance.
- Low softening temperature.
- Low resistance to oils and solvents.